We are redeemed for exploits. God called us out of darkness so that we can manifest His praise. The ministry of the Holy Spirit is primarily the ministry of exploits. “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.” Acts 10:38. As we engage the help and power of the Holy Ghost, we are sure to deliver exploits in all areas of our endeavors including marriage.
The devil goes about seeking the marriages of Christians to devour. God is the founder of marriage and it is the first institution He established. Before the church, there was marriage. “And the LORD God said it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.” Gen. 2:18. Marriage is a covenant and the place of the Holy Ghost is crucial to success in marriage. And the Holy Spirit manifests itself in different dimensions as the following:
The Spirit of Dedication: A lot of marriages have failed today because of the absence of the Spirit of dedication. The attitude and journey of dedication started on the altar of covenant by God; “My covenant will I not break….” Psa. 89:34. Dedication means the willingness to give a lot of time and energy to something or a task because it is important. There is nothing dedication cannot deliver. The power of deadly commitment cannot be overemphasized. Dedication is committing your whole being to something. Paul said, “For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” Phil. 1:21. If both partners in marriage are dedicated to each other, there can never be a separation. If you are dedicated to your marriage, you can’t experience a breakdown. It takes the Spirit of God to enhance our empowerment in dedication so engage Him.
The Spirit of Meekness: It means to be submissive, humble, righteous, patient and gentle. “… even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.” 1 Pet. 3:4. Ornament of meekness brings about greatness in life. Moses became very great because he was a meek man (Num. 12:3). God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble. Without the help of the Holy Ghost, we can’t align to God's covenant.
COVENANT OF MARRIAGE
DUTIES OF THE HUSBAND IN THE HOME
- The husband must love his wife. Marriage is very vital and the key to happiness in marriage is love. “Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ loved the church, and gave himself for it.” Eph. 5:25. If you love your wife as yourself you will never abuse and maltreat her (Col. 3:19). With the help of the Holy Ghost, you can love. When love is in place separation and divorce will be far.
- Provide for your home. God provided work for Adam before giving him a wife. It is responsibilities that make a man not only age. “But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.” 1 Tim. 5:8. Work is very vital. Make plans to meet the needs of the home. Faith without works is dead. It is work that delivers faith to testimony.
- Train the children. Learn how to give absolute attention to your children and train them accordingly. “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” Prov. 22:6.
DUTIES OF THE WIFE IN THE HOME
- Reverence your husband. It is to honour and have an attitude of peak respect for your husband. “… And the wife see that she reverence her husband.” Eph. 5:33. When you honour someone, you have deep respect for him. Sarah never took advantage of Abraham.
- Submit to your own husband. The husband is the head of the family. Submit to him in all things. “Wives submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.” Eph. 5:22. The woman needs to submit to the mission God gave to the husband in the marriage. If you give your heart to your husband, submitting to him will be an easy task. The primary purpose God created a wife is to be a help meet and a companion to him.
- Build a home.. Building the home is majorly directed to the woman. “Every wise woman buildeth her house….” Prov. 14:1. The outcome of your home depends on how you built it.
WALKING IN THE REALM OF THE MIRACULOUS PT 2A
ENGAGING THE MINISTRY AND POWER OF ANGELS - DR. DAVID O. OYEDEPO.
"Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?" (Heb. 1:14).Angels are essentially God's agents of the supernatural. As sons and daughters of the Most High, they are ordained to serve our interest.
WHO ARE ANGELS?
- Angels are spiritual personalities with physical impact. Peter was physically brought out of prison by an angel of the Lord (Acts 12:5-17). Saul was also smitten by an angel to death (Acts 21-22). Angels sometimes also appear in human forms. Thus, it is possible to entertain angels unknowingly (Heb. 13:2; Gen. 18).
- Angels are also agents of divine intervention. Anytime you are caught up in a tight corner, they are the ones that step in to rescue you. In some of those interventions, they delivered Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego from the burning fiery furnace (Dan. 3:24-28) and also delivered Daniel from the den of the lion (Dan. 6:21-22).
- They are agents of divine supply. Though jobs, food and business are virtually non-existent in town today, angels can be engaged to connect you to your own unique supply (1 Kgs. 17:1-8; 19:5-7). Angels can connect you to your supply in the time of drought. You can therefore engage angels to stop famine from hitting you.
We engage the ministry of angels in reaping the end time harvest. "The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; the reapers are the angels" Matt. 13:39. When we engage angels, there shall be massive conversion of souls in this end time.
One can however be loaded with angels and other spiritual resources but still be grounded to defeat. With a closed mouth, the most anointed believer will still be defeated though he is loaded with victorious and triumphant virtues which can only be transmitted through the tongue. Jesus, though very powerful was stricken down because of His refusal to open His mouth (Isa. 53:7-8). That was deliberate because He was ordained to go the cross way. In another setting, Jesus opened His mouth and His pursuers fell back (John 18:3-6). Once you don’t engage the resources you are loaded with, you will be grounded. Again, for if you don’t engage the gear system of your automobile, there will be no motion. It is therefore not enough to be loaded; we must learn how to engage what we are loaded with.
John the Baptist came in the spirit and power of Elijah, so he was an embodiment of the supernatural. John, however, did not engage the spirits and thus did no miracle and was eventually beheaded (John 10:41). Every child of God is ordained for signs and wonders. It is only with ignorance that one cannot experience signs and wonders manifest in his life. "The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear Him, and delivereth them" Psa. 34:7. The angels are already around us; all that is left and required of us is to engage them. God upholds all things by the word of His power but we have to engage the power of the word for the word to produce. The question is how then do we engage it? We can engage it by finding the word that addresses the issue of concern in our lives, believing it, doing what it commands, declaring that same word and keep doing it till it delivers.
We are all empowered by redemption for wealth because He became poor so that we can be rich. Our empowerment is however on the platform of covenant engagement or practice. It does not lie in prayer and fasting.
HOW TO GET ANGELS TO WORK
1. Believe in the reality of their existence. You are only empowered to experience what you believe (John 1:12). Every child of God has an angel assigned to him (Mat 18:10; Acts 12:15). Your angel is just waiting on you for instructions and orders. We must come to believe in the reality of their existence because Angels are real!
2. We must come to believe in their mission. They are there to deliver when you are accosted. They are there to lead the way when you are going to a place you do not know. They are there to lead you in the journey of life and keep you in the Promised Land (Exo. 23:20).
3. Engage their intervention in prayer. We can always engage angelic interventions through prayers as Jesus did (Matt. 26:53).
4. We must issue faith-filled commands as to what we want them to do. Elisha prayed that his enemies are smitten with blindness and it happened (2 Kgs. 6:15-21). Angels are waiting to see what aspect of their ministry we want carried out (Psa. 103:20). As a believer, you cannot engage angels when you are afraid. The fear of man subjects him to torment. You cannot escape from danger with fear;"for God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind" (2 Tim. 1:7).God has given His angels charge over you so you need not be afraid (Psa. 91:5-8; 11).